Note: This is a two day workshop running Friday, 6/2 and Saturday, 6/3 from 9 am to 5 pm.
The lightweight, yet rich textures of this tunic make it so fun to wear! If you enjoy puzzles, you will love this technique. Students will learn how to build a seamless Nuno felt tunic using a resist pattern, a variety of silk scraps, a little wool, and soapy water. This technique is perfect for using recycled silk fabrics and students will learn which fabrics will felt and which will not. Participants will learn how to make the perfect sized pattern. Some prior Nuno felt experience is recommended.
- 4 oz. Merino wool (NOT super wash)
- 4 yards silk chiffon (check supplies at Ragfinery)
- 4×8’ rug mat for rolling your garment (MUST have small holes. These can be found at Tuesday Mornings store, or online).
- 3 strips of t-shirt fabric (tear up an old shirt) to use as ties for your roll.
- 1-gallon garden sprayer
- A pair of very sharp full sized scissors
- A couple of old towels that you don’t mind staining
- Two sets of bed risers are recommended to raise your work tables, but are not required.
- Participants should wear clothing they don’t mind getting wet, and comfortable shoes.